Friday, August 1, 2014

Le Spa

Le Spa invited me for a rejuvenating spa session some time last week!

IMG_6893
IMG_6902

Before I go into details on my experience with them.. let me provide you with some facts.

Benefits of Full Body Massage

Reduced Stress, Anxiety and Depression
While no studies prove that massage reduces depression symptoms, some people with depression feel that their symptoms decrease after massage. A full body massage offers other benefits for your well-being, such as better sleep, increased energy, better concentration and less fatigue.

Pain and Stiffness Relief
The full body massage may release endorphins, which act as a pain reliever. Massage sometimes helps relieve migraine pain. Muscles that are tired, overused or otherwise sore are able to relax and soften through the massage. A massage may help an athlete's sore muscles after a hard workout or benefit a sports injury.

Increased Circulation
A massage may help control blood pressure. While these benefits may offer positive medical benefits, you should continue regular medical care with your health care professional, particularly if you have a medical condition.

Strengthened Immune System
The massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which assists the immune system in protecting the body.

Skin Benefits
The stimulated blood flow benefits the appearance and health of the skin. The massage can also encourage tissue regeneration, which may help reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Massage oil may also provide a moisturizing effect to the skin.


---


As most of you may know, I have horrible neck & bad aches all the time. This is caused by accumulated years of sitting in front of the computer screen every single day for long hours. Even slight rheumatism on cold days due to my bad habit of drinking ice water for every meal and showering late at night. Sometimes I even shower at like 1am hahaha seriously killing my internal system.

I have never tried a full body massage before - by full body I mean the one where we are almost naked and get massaged with oil - and I was super excited to try after reading about all the benefits of it!!! Moreover, I needed to ease my severe neck & back aches badly :(

I wasn't familiar with the area (full on East sider and horrible at directions) so one of the staff came out to fetch me! Excellent service even before I stepped into Le Spa ^-^ Upon entering, I was immediately led to my room to get changed and prepare for the massage. Of course, those of you who need to use the washroom they will bring you there first. It's clean and nice btw, even has showers for those of you who wish to step out of there clean as new.

IMG_6914
IMG_6919
IMG_6904
If you're unfamiliar with the area, this is the road sign you should see before turning into the lane.

IMG_6901
Nice reception area for waiting

IMG_6887
Candlelit hallway of rooms, very cosy and relaxed ambience.

IMG_6896
IMG_6889
This is how their single room looks like! They also have a couple room for those who wish to do the massages together. Even has a cupboard for us to hang our clothes and put our stuff in.

They have 4 types of body massages:

Le Urban Fusion
0.5hr $38 | 1hr $60 | 1.5hr $90 | 2hr $120

Le Royal Balinese
0.5hr $38 | 1hr $60 | 1.5hr $90 | 2hr $120

Le Classic Swedish Retreats
0.5hr $38 | 1hr $60 | 1.5hr $90 | 2hr $120

Le Imperial Indulgence (2 pax)
0.5hr $76 | 1hr $120 | 1.5hr $120 | 2hr $240

As you can see from the above, head down with a friend to save costs!
You can view their full services & rates here.

IMG_6907

I chose the Le Royal Balinese 1.5 hour long massage. The masseuse was very professional and experienced. At first I was a little awkward being naked (disposable underwear provided!) and all but she made me feel so comfortable that the awkwardness didn't stay for long. Soon enough, I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep. She was extremely good at her job, obviously. Massaging all the right spots and paying attention to my tensed areas.

After the session she used warm wet towels to cleanse my body so that it wouldn't be oily. For those of you who are particular, you may use their showers to feel cleaner. I personally felt that the warm wet towels were enough. Moreover, the masseuse advised me not to shower an hour after the massage due to my rheumatism issue. Thumbs up to the great advice and service!! :>


Le Spa
14 Gemmill Lane
Singapore 069253

Call 62226803 for any enquiries or to book an appointment!

WWW.LESPA.COM.SG
Le Spa Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment